In this article, we will learn how to write an essay.
Firstly, we will understand what is an essay?
Then, we will look into the structure to write an essay.
and finally, we will understand it with an example.
What is an essay?
So, the word essay means, literally, an attempt.
The essays you write in schools or colleges are trial exercises or attempts to express your thought in good English.
Why essay writing is important to learn?
There are three important reasons that you must learn the art of essay writing
- The ability to read and write, think, organize ideas, and communicate efficiently is an art.
- It encourages you to develop a formal and disciplined approach to writing that communicates clearly and with authority.
- It gives you a focus on exploring and consolidating what you are learning.
Five characteristics of an ESSAY :
- Personal Touch
How to structure an essay ?
An essay is divided into three sections. Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
Further, each section is divided into one or more paragraphs.
Seven steps to write an essay
- Define your subject in your mind.
- Think and jot down all the points that are coming into the mind.
- Organize these points into suitable headings.
- Arrange these headings as per the standard structure of the essay i.e, Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
- With help of the points, start creating an outline of the paragraph.
- With help of the outlines, start filling the paragraph.
- Revise, Edit, and Write the final copy.
Related Writing Articles :
- Paragraph Writing
- Article Writing
- Precis Writing
- Formal Letter
- Informal Letter
- Notice Writing
- Dialogue Writing
- Report Writing
- Story Writing
- Diary Writing